Sunday, December 1, 2013

Recording

Recording is a process of capturing data and other information. Anything that is auditory. For me, I use recording for a class, which helps me to remember what I learned in my other classes. I started to record my classes and my lesson so that I remember what my classmate and my professor talked about. It mostly started with my lesson, because I kept forgetting what my professor told me about, so listening back to my old lessons, helped me through my practices. If I don’t listen or record I noticed that I repeat some of my mistake from my previous lesson, and go over the same material again to the next lesson, which I shouldn’t be doing. So, recording my lessons while practicing helps me to regain the material and helps me to consistently keep continuing on learning the new material in the next lesson. It also helps to listen to my professor’s performance and practice the style that he or she performed. I can imitate his or her playing when I listen to what the professor performed.
            Recording other classes helped throughout my college career. Since music majors take numerous classes, I couldn’t keep track of what my professor talked about I each classes. I would get confused, but lately, I don’t get confused, because of recording my classes. I record on my phone, then transfer to my computer, which I can listen to it multiple times. If its not music class, as I listen back to my recorded class, I can properly take notes and also helps to review for exams.
            There is a lot of usage of recording in music. I know one thing for sure; recorded college auditions are common in the states. My friend who is going to get her Doctors degree is auditioning too with her video recording. It saves her traveling time, and it isn’t nerve racking because it’s not front of the judges.

2 comments:

  1. I always thought how recording is such a helpful tool for education, but I never thought of all the different ways it could be used. I think I need to start recording for some of my class also. Many times I struggle with taking down notes while trying to understand what the professor is saying at the same time. If I start to record the classroom I think it will help me greatly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! Its so true in music, you must record. The feelings that you have when your performing blocks the way the music actually sounds. Recording is a benefit to musicians because its our reality. Though it can never capture the feeling of the room, it can show us technique and whats good and whats lacking. Great job

    ReplyDelete